Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Mango season...

Apr 09 , I was riding back home I felt something on my arms. It turned out it was rain, totally unexpected! In the dark , the clouds were not visible, but it was the first rain of 2007. Next day happened to watch the rain from the window..yeah obviously office window..:-(. I didnt get a chance to go out and enjoy the weather. Actually i had plan to go out with my friend but he ditched me..


The rainy season doesn't start until may but starting now we will have some occasional rains like this which the locals sometimes call "the mango rains" because the mangoes are just now starting to come in.

Heh,heh Love it.. The mango season is going to start..I wll be hunting for different varities..

Mangoes are originally from Southeast Asia, where they have grown for over 4000-6000 years. In India, mangoes are considered sacred and India is the world's largest producer of mangoes. They are now cultivated in temperate climates around the world.Varieties:There are thousands of varieties of mangoes which are available in a variety of shapes and sizes.

Season :May to September
Nutritional Qualities:Vitamins A, C and D.
Trivia :Baskets of mangoes are considered to be a gesture of friendship. so start sending me basket full of mangoes :-)


Here am sending you all a big basket of vitual mangoes